Sock Episode 3 Sock Episode 3

Is... um...

Is... um... is this humor? All of your cartoons, except for Sock 2, well, they're all... wierd; well Sock 2 was weird, but it's wasn't so difficult to catagorize. Your cartoons, they make no sense at all. They're always disturbing.

Are we supposed to be laughing at the absurdity? Or do you consider yourself a brilliant mind and we're supposed to be deconstructing these works of non-linear strangeness to find a hidden meaning?

Well, I'm not going to answer those. I will say that you have defined your style. I have no doubt that I don't know just how good an artist you are, but your style is what makes your cartoons popular. No matter what you experiment with, you make sure that anyone can readily identify a David Firth cartoon.

Sell out, dude. It's the right time. You'll make millions.

serious bob serious bob

Is this supposed to be funny?

I can understand if this is some kind of joke. Some good points I liked were the running animation and also the explosions. Good stuff there.

But if you where trying to make a serious drama -- or something mocking it -- you need to use better colours. Everything is grey walls, perfect pink skin or otherwise... well, that's it. In the future, consider what colours would be cast in a house. Warm colours like tungston and reds. And some dark black shadows with heavy falloff when they move outside.

O.N.E. O.N.E.

Hot damn... this will sail to the top 50.

Not much of a story, but it was entertaining and very well done. I hope you pin up a tutorial in the forums, and tell us all where you recorded the motion capture data, how much this equipment cost, etc.

My Tear for London My Tear for London

Luk at my priddy pikchure! ^o^

No sympathy votes? Fine. This is one badly drawn man with a motion tween tear and a 6 frame explotion that doesn't match the colour scheme.

LAME!!!

MK vs. SF MK vs. SF

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Finally! Someone putting actual work into their flash. Not trying to be an ass or wax philosophical by doing bad anime, actually doing good quality work! This OWNZ!

Massacre : RB2 Massacre : RB2

It must really hurt you when I say... LAME!

And when he was so brutally struck down by the mighty flash artist, the evil reviewer rose from the dead like a grand phoenix from the ashes.

Despite the fact your drawings are pretty (half decent), you have not really impressed me or offended me. I knew newgrounds had this coming, but it's not like you're going to inspire me to think differently.

Nothing to new or interesting -- FINAL answer.

Robenstein Robenstein

3D bitmaps?

There's no way you can draw characters with that much detail so perfect each time. It looks like they were built in a 3D app, then cut up, exported as bitmap images and run through flash.

Animation is awful, but you pulled off a decent style with high quality graphics.

I won't forget I won't forget

Smart stuff. I like smart stuff.

This is a cut above the rest (not in terms of actual flash expertise) But I sense your more of a story-teller. And while the quality of the animation was nothing too new or interesting, the STYLE of the finished product was unified.

And most importantly, this wasn't some lame crack at symbolism. I've seen a shit animation where a robot constructs a metal heart for itself, then rips it our and dies. The author wrote some kind of pseudo justification for the poor quality of his symbolism.

This however, is much more appropriate. I get it. And it's something people actually deal with and relate to. Good idea, mr. idea-man.

Pope for a Day Pope for a Day

The animation sucks, but the comedy is refreshing.

I can tell you're a bit new at flash. You're somewhat decent with a pencil, but you have good comeidic timing

"Now squeaky can ward off vampires."

I'm adding that to my list of quotes.

Tinman Tinman

Not bad. Styalized but missing the message.

One thing I can point out for when you do your next flash movie: The robot's arms were swinging the wrong way. When the leg goes back, the arm goes forward -- like the way people walk, otherwise it looks strange.

And I did get the impression of lonliness from the movie. But I don't think it quite conveys what your description is trying to illustrate.

The quality is good though. This should set the bar for new animators. Anything below this standard is people dicking around (who should be impaled). And your audio is the best quality I've ever heard.

BlackmarketKraig responds:

Yeah, about the arms. Heh, I knew something was wrong with the way he was walking but I couldn't put my finger on it until another reviewer pointed it out.

Thanks for the complements about the quality of the animation.

And yeah, I really dislike bad audio quality, I try to have it optimized but when you cut down the bitrate (is that the right word?) too much you lose quite a lot.